Faronics Deep Freeze makes PCs indestructible. It protects endpoints by Freezing a snapshot of a computer’s desired configuration and settings defined by the IT Admin. With an instant reboot, any unwelcome or unwanted changes are removed from the system, restoring it to its pristine
Patented Reboot to Restore Technology
Deep Freeze helps to preserve your computer configuration. Any changes – either malicious or unintentional- are reversed on reboot. This concept is called Reboot-to-Restore, where each reboot restores the computer to its desired configuration. The desired configuration is controlled by an IT administrator, who has the ability to change the desired state.
Patent number: US7539828 B2
Patent number: US7917717 B2
Patent number: US9152824 B2
Patent number: US9785370
Ultimate Workstation Protection
Deep Freeze uses patented technology to redirect information written to the hard drive to an allocation table, leaving the original data intact.
- Guarantees 100% workstation recovery on restart
- Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
- Protects Master Boot Record (MBR)
- Provides password protection and complete security
- Prevents workstation drift and accidental system misconfiguration
- Helps maintain software compliance across all workstations
The Deep Freeze Enterprise Console (part of the Deep Freeze Enterprise/Server Enterprise) allows IT administrators to manage Deep Freeze on workstations over the network.
- Schedule restart, shutdown, Wake-On-LAN, Freeze, Thaw and Thaw Locked tasks dynamically to take place once or on a regular basis
- Change maintenance and restart/shutdown schedules on the fly
- Power-on workstations using Wake-On-LAN technology
- Use Workstation Seed for workstation communication and installation
- Manage workstations easily with User Defined Groups
- Quickly populate multiple groups or sub-groups with smart automatic filters or import groups from Active Directory
- Remotely deploy, execute, and control software on workstations
- Invoke system maintenance on demand with “Thaw Locked” mode
- Update all pre-existing installation files automatically
- Launch RDP and VNC sessions through the Enterprise Console
- Create Remote and Multiple Consoles with the Deep Freeze Server Service Manager
- Instantly send notification messages to workstations
Customized Configuration Options
Configuration such as setting the Deep Freeze passwords, Frozen drives, creating ThawSpaces, behavior for external drives, creating embedded events, scheduling maintenance and advanced network options can be done by the Configuration Administrator.
- Create customized installation files
- Pre-select Frozen Drives and selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives
- Schedule automatic Restart/Shutdown times
- Restart the computer once the user logs off
- Shutdown workstations after a preset length of inactivity
- Schedule Thawed Maintenance periods to perform Windows Updates through the Internet or a SUS/WSUS server or run a custom batch file during maintenance
- Set up to 15 passwords for using at the workstation or via the command line
Security and Control
Ability to create a Customization Code that encrypts all communication between Deep Freeze computers and the Deep Freeze Console. Prevent unauthorized users from tampering with settings on Deep Freeze computers.
- Encrypt all components with a unique Customization Code
- Preset multiple passwords to be used on a workstation or via the Command Line Control with varying activation and expiration dates
- Generate encrypted One Time or One Day Passwords
- Disable keyboard and mouse during maintenance periods or on demand
- Boot Control window provides ability for immediate reboot
- Use Stealth Mode to hide the Deep Freeze system tray icon
Retaining User Data
User data can be retained on a non-system drive or a virtual drive called a ThawSpace. Data retained in a ThawSpace or a Thawed drive is not erased on reboot even when the computer is in a Frozen state.
- Redirect user profiles, folders with user data and registry keys to a Thawed drive using Data Igloo
- Create ThawSpaces on a workstation that can be used to store programs, save files, or make permanent changes
- ThawSpaces can be visible or hidden
- Specify the size and file system of the ThawSpace
- Cache Windows Updates
Deploy as a Silent Install or deploy as part of a master image. Deep Freeze offers multiple installation options.
- Offers silent install option for rapid network deployment
- Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image
- Communicate with workstations over a LAN, WAN, or combination
- Deep Freeze Command Line included in Workstation Installations
- Support for multiple ports for use with Server Service Manager
Automatic Maintenance and Updates
Schedule Thawed Maintenance periods to perform Windows Updates through the Internet or a SUS/WSUS server or run a custom batch file during maintenance
- Automatically download Windows updates even when the workstations are in a Frozen state
- Apply Windows updates quickly from cached update files as soon as the workstations are in a Thawed state
- Detects when updates are complete and automatically returns the computer back to a Frozen state, eliminating the need to set maintenance window completion times (Watch Video)
- Schedule multiple Thawed Periods to perform Windows updates (through the Internet or WSUS) or run a custom batch file to update other software
- Update Maintenance schedules on the fly right from the Enterprise Console without disabling Deep Freeze on the workstations
Compatibility and Interoperability Options
Deep Freeze Enterprise/Server Enterprise provides the Deep Freeze Command Line Control utility that can be used for Remote Management with various third party management tools.
- Use Deep Freeze Command Line Control Utility (DFC) for remote management
- Integrate Deep Freeze protection into any Desktop Management Solution capable of executing command line control (Learn More)
- Create XML-based Deep Freeze Action Files to interact with other programs via the Deep Freeze Console
- Seamless malware definition retention on workstations protected in a Frozen state with Faronics Anti-Virus
- Integration with Faronics Anti-Executable and Faronics Power Save to detect Deep Freeze Thawed Periods
How Deep Freeze Works
Deep Freeze redirects information being written to the hard drive or partition to an allocation table, leaving the original data intact. The redirected information on the allocation table is no longer referenced once the computer is restarted, therefore restoring the computer back to its original state at the disk sector level down to the last byte.
Deep Freeze Technical Datasheet
FARONICS DEEP FREEZE PATENTED REBOOT TO RESTORE TECHNOLOGY MAKES COMPUTERS INDESTRUCTIBLE
Freeze and Restore
Eliminate Lockdown Defense
Provide users with unrestricted access and avoid restrictive computer lockdown for maintaining security.
Reverse Configuration Drifts
Reverse configuration drifts with a simple reboot while allowing users to save their work.
Protection Against Phishing
Reverse malicious changes on reboot and protect computers from phishing.
Achieve License Compliance
Only approved software stays and unauthorized software is removed thereby achieving license compliance.
Eliminate Undetected Threats
Effectively reverse malicious changes to your computers including zero-day threats.
We help you manage all types of devices
Classroom & Labs Computers
Point of Sale Computers
Rugged & On-Field Computers
Make toughbooks even tougher. Revert unwanted changes in the operating system and installed software with a simple reboot.
Secure and Control your Computers with Deep Freeze
Enterprise Console makes it easy to deploy, conﬁgure, and manage Deep Freeze computers across the network. Also, create a customized console with tailored features.