As a pure Cyber Security and Risk Management Firm, Secur has the ability to offer the option of becoming an organization’s ‘Virtual’ Chief Information Security Officer. Many organizations either cannot afford their own information security department or would rather invest in having a dedicated firm working with them to meet their needs. As the landscape for cyber breaches and malicious actors continues to increase, companies will need experienced professionals to mitigate these risks.
As an industry leading consultancy, Secur is keen to assist businesses in achieving a goal of Best Security Practices. Secur is able to provide consulting services as well as security testing and wider information assurance services.At Secur we are committed to providing tailored solutions and services in an efficient, timely manner to help our clients understand the risks to their business.
What is a “Virtual” Chief Information Security Officer (Virtual CISO)?
The role of a Chief Information Security Officer is to align security initiatives with enterprise programs and business objectives, ensuring that information assets and technologies are adequately protected. Secur has the expertise and capability to take on the role of a client’s Chief Information Security Officer. Secur’s Security Consultants have the ability to advise on each of the following topics.
Attendance at regular Security Management Meetings; provide assistance, guidance and direction as required on the following:
- Regular review of security breaches and security performance
- Review Information Security Risk Register and Risk Assessment Process
- Review and measure effectiveness of Risk Management controls
- Develop the company risk appetite statement
- Evaluations of new security products, controls and processes
Risk Management is vital to every organization. Understanding the risks associated with your industry, what you need to protect, and where your threats are will allow for the proper controls to be put in place to mitigate these risks.
- Review Risk Assessment process and maturity
- Provide education, assistance and help with the Risk Assessment process and Operational Owners of Risks
- Review the Risk Management process and assist with guidance and help around decisions are required
Develop Data Policy with board, locations and retention process.
In order to make sure the controls that are put in place to secure an organization are providing the correct level of assurance, security testing is needed. Testing should allow for your risks to be realized, your vulnerabilities to be mitigated, and your controls ultimately becoming more effective.
- Penetration Testing of the following areas: Infrastructure, Web Applications, Laptop Build, Social Engineering
- Regular testing provides assurance that the security posture is being maintained
- Reports, Debriefs, and Remediation Advice – Help and assistance to address areas of concern and vulnerabilities
- Testing strategy based on Risk Register and Threats – Guidance and assistance to develop the testing program.
As the number of breaches and attempted breaches are expected to grow exponentially over time, the ways in which we prepare have to change and adapt as well. In recent time, the focus has changed from a Defense-in-Depth approach to a Response-in-Depth strategy. The idea is not, “How do we protect ourselves if we are hacked?”, but “How do we respond to an attack when it happens?” These incident response capabilities are vital to an organization that wants to have peace of mind and assurance when the worst does happen.
Third Party Assurance / Supplier Audits
Dependencies on 3rd parties can often be overlooked in security terms. However, the access, privileged and responsibilities of these parties can often provide the weakest link in an organization’s security posture.
Secur can advise, review and conduct Supplier Audits on behalf of the customer.
- Identify and review the current 3rd party supplier list
- A review of the current supplier IT Security assurance processes
- Review of the Policy and Procedures
- Assist the customer with identifying risks presented by current 3rd party suppliers and rank
Train internal audit staff or conduct on behalf of relevant Supplier Audits