Palo Alto Networks PA-800 Series ML-Powered NGFWs, comprising the PA-850 and PA-820, are designed to provide secure connectivity for organizationsâ€™ branch offices as well as midsize businesses.
The controlling element of the PA-800 Series is PAN-OS, the same software that runs all Palo Alto Networks NextGeneration Firewalls. PAN-OS natively classifies all traffic, inclusive of applications, threats, and content, and then ties that traffic to the user regardless of location or device type. The application, content, and userâ€”in other words, the elements that run your businessâ€”then serve as the basis of your security policies, resulting in improved security posture and reduced incident response time.
Machine Learning Powered Next Generation Firewalls
- Embeds machine learning in the core of the firewall to provide inline signatureless attack prevention for filebased attacks while identifying and immediately stopping never-before-seen phishing attempts.
- Leverages cloud-based ML processes to push zero-delay signatures and instructions back to the NGFW.
- Uses behavioral analysis to detect internet of things (IoT) devices and make policy recommendations; clouddelivered and natively integrated service on the NGFW.
- Automates policy recommendations that save time and reduce the chance of human error.
Prevents malicious activity concealed in encrypted traffic
- Inspects and applies policy to TLS/SSL-encrypted traffic, both inbound and outbound, including for traffic that uses TLS 1.3 and HTTP/2
- Offers rich visibility into TLS traffic, such as amount of encrypted traffic, TLS/SSL versions, cipher suites, and more, without decrypting
- Enables control over use of legacy TLS protocols, insecure ciphers, and incorrectly configured certs to mitigate risks.
- Facilitates easy deployment of decryption and lets you use built-in logs to troubleshoot issues, such as applications with pinned certs.
- Lets you enable or disable decryption flexibly based on URL category and source and destination zone, address, user, user group, device, and port, for privacy and regulatory compliance purposes.
Identifies and categorizes all applications, on all ports, all the time, with full Layer 7 inspection
- Identifies the applications traversing your network irrespective of port, protocol, evasive techniques, or encryption (TLS/SSL).
- Uses the application, not the port, as the basis for all your safe enablement policy decisions: allow, deny, schedule, inspect, and apply traffic-shaping.
- Offers the ability to create custom App-IDs for proprietary applications or request App-ID development for new applications from Palo Alto Networks.
Enforces security for users at any location, on any device, while adapting policy in response to user activity
- Enables visibility, security policies, reporting, and forensics based on users and groupsâ€”not just IP addresses.
- Easily integrates with a wide range of repositories to leverage user information: wireless LAN controllers, VPNs, directory servers, SIEMs, proxies, and more.
- Allows you to define Dynamic User Groups (DUGs) on the firewall to take time-bound security actions without waiting for changes to be applied to user directories.
Delivers a unique approach to packet processing with Single-Pass Architecture
- Performs networking, policy lookup, application and decoding, and signature matchingâ€”for any and all threats and contentâ€”in a single pass. This significantly reduces the amount of processing overhead required to perform multiple functions in one security device.
- Enables consistent and predictable performance when security subscriptions are enabled.
- Avoids introducing latency by scanning traffic for all signatures in a single pass, using stream-based, uniform signature matching.
- Recommended for 51-100 user network
- UTM / HTTPS / DPI Speed: 900 Mbps
- Max Sessions: 128,000
- New Sessions per Second: 8,600
- Appliance Only — Includes 90-Days of Firmware Updates
- Manufacturer Part Number:PAN-PA-820-ZTP