We are a security software company dedicated to making sensitive data discovery products that help organisations prevent sensitive data loss. Our flagship products, Card Recon, Data Recon and Enterprise Recon, have helped more than 2,500 organisations in 80 countries discover sensitive PII and cardholder data in documents, databases, emails, log files and many other locations.
- We are an international company with offices in Austin, Dublin and Singapore.
- We focus on what we do best: sensitive data discovery and nothing else.
- We were founded in 2007 and launched our first product in 2008 during the GFC, which never held us back.
- We have positive cash flow, no debt, and no external venture capital – we fund all our growth organically from sales revenues.
- We are 100% privately owned by the founders, who form a core part of the company management team.
Enterprise Recon is a smart data discovery solution by Ground Labs that enables organizations to find and remediate personally identifiable information (PII) and sensitive information across the broadest range of structured and unstructured data -whether it’s stored across servers, on desktops, email, and databases, on prem and in the cloud.
A premiere PII scanning tool, Enterprise Recon empowers organizations worldwide to seamlessly discover all of their data and comply with an extensive range of data compliance standards, including GDPR, PCI DSS, CCPA, HIPAA, and Australian Privacy. These standards require organizations to have the ability to locate and secure PII data as well as information on gender, ethnicity, health… and even non-PII financial data. Enterprise Recon is powered by GLASS Technology™, Ground Labs’ proprietary award-winning technology. GLASS Technology™ is the quickest and most accurate data discovery software on the market, enabling PII scanning, data discovery, risk scoring, and data classification across the broadest set of platforms available.
Data Discovery Software: Search & scan for PII across systems and services
Enterprise Recon natively supports sensitive data discovery across Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, HP-UX and IBM AIX environments using agent, agentless and distributed options. Additional remote options also enable organizations to search for PII across almost any network, including EBCDIC IBM mainframes.
Enterprise Recon can also discover data located in:
Cloud Storage Providers
Amazon AWS (S3), Microsoft Azure Blobs/Tables/Queues, Dropbox, Box Enterprise, Rackspace Cloud Files, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, and SharePoint Online.
Exchange 2007+, GMail, HCL Notes, IMAP and Microsoft Office 365.
|Databases / ServerSharePoint Server, IBM DB2, IBM Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SAP Sybase, SAP Hana, Tibero, Teradata, InterSystems Caché, Hadoop (a full list of databases can be found here)|
Enterprise Recon’s Software Benefits
- Identify more than 300 data types including predefined and variants that include sensitive, personal and confidential data from over 50 countries. This includes credit cards, driver’s licenses, passports, names, addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, national IDs, health data, financial data (e.g. bank account numbers, IBAN, SWIFT code, etc) and more.
- Broaden your search with GLASS Technology™ powered custom data types to discover sensitive data according to your unique requirements. Enterprise Recon comes ready to use with the most comprehensive range of PII and other sensitive or critical data types. These built-in data types, combined with Enterprise Recon’s custom capabilities, allow you to create data types to meet even the most demanding internal data discovery requirements.
- Scan PII immediately and fast through the architecture of the Enterprise Recon software, Ground Labs can scan with limited to no impact to your network.
- Integrate seamlessly with existing DLP solutions, which can compliment Enterprise Recon to strengthen your overall data loss prevention strategy.
- Go beyond identifying and remediate with comprehensive options — encrypt, mask, secure delete, quarantine — to quickly secure and eliminate all exposed sensitive data and achieve a true zero trust security posture. Reduce risk of exposure by controlling access to sensitive and PII data with the Data Access Management feature.
- Analyze your data mapping with compliance reporting, risk scoring and risk mapping. Classify and assign risk levels to sensitive data locations. Enterprise Recon works with a variety of reporting platforms, including Excel, Power Bi, Crystal Reports, Tableau and more. You can also integrate with Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) for additional classification capabilities.
An out-of-the-box PCI DSS data discovery tool
Card Recon by Ground Labs is the cardholder data discovery tool of choice for more than 300 PCI Qualified Security Assessors (QSAs) and PCI Forensic Investigators (PFI). Accurate and powerful, Card Recon is trusted by over 4,500 merchants across 80 countries as their preferred credit card data discovery tool. Ground Labs has two industry-leading credit card scanning solutions that can fit the needs of your small to medium business: Card Recon Server and Card Recon Desktop.
Credit Card Data Discovery Tool | Search across multiple file types and locations
Card Recon searches files, memory and even deleted locations on workstations and file servers (Card Recon Server only) while inspecting hundreds of file types to accurately detect credit card numbers issued by the 10 major payment card providers.
Card Recon detects card numbers from all the major payment card providers.
- Use anywhere, anytime — Card Recon is a portable credit card data discovery tool that can run without installation on multiple supported platforms.
- Detect all major credit card brands — Custom-built to meet PCI compliance, Card Recon’s out-of-the-box cardholder data detection capabilities scan for credit card numbers from the 10 major card brands and can identify 160+ combinations of primary account number (PAN) structures used around the world.
- Search all format types — Both Card Recon Server and Card Recon Desktop are highly effective at finding credit card information. Unlike many freeware products, Card Recon will report unsecured credit card information stored in a large number of different storage formats, including office documents, email clients and even zip files containing multiple layers.
- Prove compliance — Card Recon generates reports that prove PCI compliance. Reports can be created in a variety of common formats to streamline evidence submission to PCI QSA.
- Go beyond identifying — Remediate with comprehensive options — encrypt, mask, secure delete, quarantine — to quickly secure and eliminate all exposed sensitive data and achieve a true zero trust security posture.